4- Which are the latest updates in our advocacy work?
· On 20 October, FERMA’s Captives Committee had its 2020 kick-off meeting. This was primarily to finalise FERMA’s response to the Commission’s public consultation on the Solvency II Review, which you can find here.
· On 23 October, FERMA participated in an EIOPA workshop on the Solvency II review, where FERMA raised points on the principle of proportionality and captives. FERMA’s Captives Committee will work on a written contribution to the review and submit it to EIOPA by 5 November.
· October has been the EU Cybersecurity Month and FERMA’s work on digital topics has continued apace. For example, we contributed to the public consultation on the NIS Directive, which you can find here.
· In the area of sustainability, FERMA has also been very active in October. We published a statement (here) on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promoted it at the EU CSR SDG Summit, emphasizing that partnerships are crucial to enhance resilience in these challenging times.
· FERMA’s Sustainability Committee is currently working on guidelines for risk managers on sustainability, which should be finalised in November